A quick visit to Warnham

Hi everyone! This morning I went to Warnham Nature Reserve which is only about 10 minutes away from me, for a quick visit to see what was there. I was hoping the snow which had fallen last night and in the morning was going to stay to add a nice winter effect to my photos, but by the time I had got ready to go out it had almost all melted! :) 

There was a lots of birds around because of the freezing weather and they were much more visible because of the bare trees.

On and around the feeders there was a flock a goldfinches which were making a lot noise, a few long-tailed tits flitting around the trees and 4 black birds, 2 female and 2 male.


 
Male blackbird
 
Goldfinch
There were also lots of blue and great tits, along with 2 coal tits who were displaying to each other.

Blue tit

Coal tit
My highlight of the day was seeing a little wren that came really close to the hide. 





There was also a robin that was singing its heart out! :)

Robin

On the lake there was 3 cormorant, a grey heron, 5 teal and 6 mallard. I was quite surprised to see this much in only an hour.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. that's so close to my sisters boarding school called Christs hospital i go there sometimes, its great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to Warnham most weekends as its only a 10 minute drive from where I live in Crawley. Its really great in the Winter when the feeders attract many different birds and in the summer I regularly see a Kingfisher! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..