Warnham LNR

Yesterday I visited Warnham Nature Reserve, the weather was looking promising so I thought it would be quite good for some photography.

When I got into the visitor centre they told me that there were 2 Red kites hanging around the lake. I was lucky as when I got into the first hide one of the first birds I saw was indeed a Red Kite. It was circling around on the far side of the lake. As I got it focused in my binoculars the bright red and orange really showed well when the sun hit it.

On the lake there were the usual pair of Mute Swans, 2 Great Crested Grebes displaying in the distance and a Grey Wagtail also appeared in front of the hide. It was quite nice to see 2 Little Egrets, a new species for Warnham.

On the feeders there were quite a few species including Redpoll, Siskin, Song Thrush, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Wren, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Long-Tailed Tit, Reed Bunting and Blackbird.

Robin

Redpoll

Redpoll

Male Reed Bunting

Female Reed Bunting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..