Bird Ringing

Today I went bird ringing at North River (in Horsham.) 

Arriving at 8:30 we were lucky with the weather as the last few weekends have been horrible.  although it was a bit cold when we got there.

We caught quite a few retraps such as Dunnocks and Treecreeper, with these I could practice handling the birds themselves using the ringer's grip and photo grip.

Me and Treecreeper
Other birds that were caught were Songthrush, Wren and Blackbird.

Me and Blackbird
I can't wait to learn even more about bird ringing!

Whilst there I saw an adult and calling juvenile Buzzard, heard the call of the Stock dove, heard and saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker and Green Woodpecker and saw a Sparrowhawk being mobbed by House Martins!


Comments

  1. Hi, just wondering if you're going to Rutland Birdfair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I would love to go but unfortunatly I can't make it. I'm hoping to go there in the future as it looks really good!
      Mya :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..