A Wildlife-filled weekend

This weekend I went to Chesworth Farm and I also went bird ringing at Leith Hill.


Just before you start to read what I have been up to this weekend I would like to ask a quick favour. The other day I found out about the BBC Wildlife Blogger Awards.This is for people that have blogged about their passion about wildlife. This is the first awards I have entered as my blog is relatively new. If you would like to choose me simply follow these instructions from the BBC Wildlife website:  You can nominate your favourite blog in categories one to seven by emailing the name of the blog, the name of the blogger (if you know it) and the category name and number to us at wildlifemagazine@immediate.co.uk using the subject line ‘BBC WildlifeBlogger Awards nomination’. The categories I would be entered into is Best young blogger (Local Patch Reporter) or Best wildlife photography blogger (Local Patch Reporter).   

On Saturday I visited Chesworth Farm in Horsham mainly to photograph butterflies. Here is a few photos I took.

Speckled Wood

Gatekeeper

Speckled Wood
I also saw quite a few damselflies and dragonflies like this one.

Dragonfly (Not sure what species?)
Whilst I was there I also saw 2 buzzards, at one point one of them carried something in its talons. It looked like a young Starling to me.

Buzzards
I also saw a Kestrel hunting, but unfortunately it failed to catch anything.

Kestrel
Bird Ringing

On Sunday I went bird ringing at Leith Hill. Overall 175 birds were caught including 61 Willow Warblers that were moving south before migrating and lots of Siskins. I also saw a male Sparrowhawk, 2 Linnet, Pheasant, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Greenfinches. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..