Pulborough Brooks

Today I visited RSPB Pulborough Brooks to sign up to become a volunteer and I am starting next Sunday. :) While I was there I took a walk around the reserve. 

There was lots of butterflies as well the song of the Chiffchaff constantly being sung. One appeared in the trees in front of me.

Chiffchaff
A group of Goldfinches where chattering high up in the trees. Another song I heard was of the Greenfinch, a Male was perched on a branch singing his heart out. In the first hide, on the lake was 3 Mute Swans (a pair and a juvenile) and Shelduck. Carrying on until we reached the viewing point that looks over all the reserve, I could see many Lapwing, Canada and Greylag Geese, Mallard and a Grey Heron. A Little Egret was also hunting for fish and a group of Starling were flying in and out of the reeds. Among the Hedgerow I saw 2 Linnets with their beautiful red chests and a Whitethroat.
Apparently a Hobby had been seen twice hunting in the distance but unfortunately I didn't see it. :(  

On the way back to the visitor centre a Kestrel flew past me. I will be going bird ringing tomorrow so hopefully I will have time to put a blog up about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..