Buchan Country Park

Hi Everyone! Today I visited my local country park, Buchan.

I regularly visit there to walk my dog, so when I went up there yesterday I was happy to find a Nuthatch nest in a tree. The nest looked as if it had been carved into the end of a branch by someone, probably one of the wardens. So today I took my camera there to hopefully get a few shots.

When I got to the same tree I could hear the chicks calling for food, so I stood back and waited. After about 10 minutes the parent came. It was interesting to see both parents coming back and forth with a whole beak full of insects.



   
Whilst waiting for the Nuthatch I could hear some other chicks close by, so I went to see where the noise was coming from. As I began to walk towards it a Great Spotted Woodpecker entered the hole. It was a Woodpecker nest! 


On the way back I spotted a Blackcap singing high up in the trees.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half Term Birding and More...

First ringing session this year and my first goldeneye!

Definitely a Waxwing Winter!