Brilliant Views in my New Scope!

Yesterday morning, after a change of plan about ringing I decided to spend a couple of hours at RSPB Pulborough Brooks testing out my new Opticron scope that I got for my birthday.


After walking through the visitor centre we headed down to the first hide, a very friendly Robin sat on a branch overhanging the path, surprisingly not spooked by me walking past! From the first hide I spotted a Male Stonechat, perched on the top of some brambles as well as 100s of Canada and Greylag Geese in the distance. The next hide was quite quiet with only a Buzzard making an appearance.

However in the following hide I did spot a Male Kestrel in the distance perched on a post.
From Hanger View, which looks over the majority of the wetland areas I had great views of Widgeon and lots of Lapwing which suddenly rose to the air. Unsurprisingly they had been spooked by a Peregrine Falcon which was sat in the tree next to us.

Peregrine Falcon

With my scope I got brilliant views and too add to my excitement TV presenter Naomi Wilkinson was stood next to me having a guided tour around the reserve and admiring the same bird!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half Term Birding and More...

First ringing session this year and my first goldeneye!

Definitely a Waxwing Winter!