Birding Whilst at Blackland Farm

From Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd July I went on a school trip with 15 others to Blackland Farm in East Grinstead. The trip involved camping there and taking part in 8 activities that included abseiling and kayaking which I really enjoyed.


I was surprised to see a quite good list of birds whist there. On the camping field House Martins were swooping around, sometimes in between our tents! Pied Wagtails were also bobbing along with some juveniles mixed in.



My favourite part was kayaking, whilst on the water I saw a Kingfisher whizz past in the distance and a Great Crested Grebe. Apart from that my other favourite part was the night hike. We set off at around 9:15 and didn't get back until nearly 11! Whilst we were walking we heard Tawny Owls screeching and I spotted a Sparrowhawk hunting over the tops of the trees. The species that I saw (or remember!) were Blackbird, Woodpigeon, House Martin, Pied Wagtail, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Robin, Kingfisher, Tawny Owl and Great Crested Grebe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..