A Walk round Ashdown Forest

As today looked sunny my mum, dog and I decided to head to Ashdown Forest.

Overall it wasn't great for birding but the views almost made up for that.


Although there were not many birds around I did see 2 Marsh Tits and a flock of Long-Tailed Tits and Blue Tits. Hidden among them was a Goldcrest. I also saw a Kestrel flying away from me.

Apart from that it was very quiet! Due to the lack of birds to write about here is a few facts about Ashdown Forest:


  1. During the Norman time, Ashdown Forest was originally a deer hunting forest.
  2. It is the 'home' of Winnie-the-Pooh.
  3. Almost 2 thirds of its 6500 acres are heathland, amounting to 2.5% of the Uk's extent of this rare habitat.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..