Ringing

Yesterday I went bird ringing at North River (Horsham).

We got there at about 8:30 and it was very sunny. I was able to ring my first bird which was a..... Great Tit! 


As I have been a few times now I am getting used to handling the birds (although it still feels a bit strange.) The second bird I was able to ring was a chiffchaff, I found that one a bit harder as they are very small although it didn't move around like the Great Tit!

We also caught quite a few blackcaps as well as a Robin and a few retraps. My highlight was a Green Woodpecker that was caught that I was able to hold. It looked very hard to ring as it wouldn't keep still.

Not great photos as they were taken on my mum's phone!




 Other species I saw whilst there was 2 Buzzard, Grey Wagtail, lots of House Martins, Feral Pigeon and Robin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Half Term Birding and More...

First ringing session this year and my first goldeneye!

Definitely a Waxwing Winter!