Ringing

Yesterday I went bird ringing at North River (Horsham).

We got there at about 8:30 and it was very sunny. I was able to ring my first bird which was a..... Great Tit! 


As I have been a few times now I am getting used to handling the birds (although it still feels a bit strange.) The second bird I was able to ring was a chiffchaff, I found that one a bit harder as they are very small although it didn't move around like the Great Tit!

We also caught quite a few blackcaps as well as a Robin and a few retraps. My highlight was a Green Woodpecker that was caught that I was able to hold. It looked very hard to ring as it wouldn't keep still.

Not great photos as they were taken on my mum's phone!




 Other species I saw whilst there was 2 Buzzard, Grey Wagtail, lots of House Martins, Feral Pigeon and Robin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..