Woods Mill Local Nature Reserve

Today I visited Woods Mill Local nature reserve which is the headquarters of the Sussex wildlife trust.

Before even getting there, whilst in the car I saw a Buzzard soaring in the sky and then to my surprise a Red Kite swooped down towards our car. When I arrived I spotted a Chiffchaff in the trees singing away. Then in the sky appeared a Kestrel, it hovered right infront of me and then flew off. After this I saw a beautiful blackcap.



Then in the tree I saw my first Whitethroat. Walking to the furthest point of the reserve the views were great.


Then a couple of Reed Buntings flew up into the sky. Heading back to the pond a Little Grebe was showing very well.


In the reeds a Coot and its very young chicks appeared. There was also a lot of butterflies such as orange-tips and red admirals.


Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..