Shelduck, Long-tailed tits and a chance of Kingfishers...

Hi everyone! Today I went to WWT Arundel. It was very cold and some of the water was frozen!

A Mallard walking on water!!
Going into the first hide there was 20 teal, 25 shelduck and what I think is a Mediterranean gull (please tell me if I am wrong!)

  
 After that, walking down the path, a chiffchaff landed in a tree nearby as well as a flock of long-tailed tits chirping away in the trees. 



After going on the boat with no sightings of water voles and kingfishers I went down to the lapwing hide. After seeing a man pointing at something in the trees I went to look, there in the trees was a kingfisher. After that excitement I went into the hide, there was a song thrush right in front of me.


 After that I saw 2 lapwing, 2 mute swan, a robin and a grey wagtail.
 Nearing the end I saw a little goldcrest. Then last but not least another kingfisher, this time a bit closer to me.


Here is a link to my biography on the A focus on nature website: http://www.afocusonnature.org/members/young-conservationists/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..